Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: the problem of the confusion -sN/-sn persists

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 17:01:44 -0700

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 04:44:27PM +0100, shitaneddine wrote:
Hi, thanks for your answer, but the problem persists, the first time I
found this mis-interpretation was yesterday, today I download the
latest version the : nmap-5.51-setup.exe, then I check the MD5 of the
yesterday's version and the today's version to compare, they are the
same.
so I desinstall the old to install the new, but there still be a
mis-interpretation when creating a profile with -sN.

I fixed it in Subversion, but there hasn't been a new release. You have
to wait for a release if you want the fix in a package. Otherwise you
can build from Subversion, or apply the change I made:
        svn diff -c 22692 svn://svn.insecure.org/zenmap

David Fifield