Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE: Getting IP address from a captured packet

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 08:40:19 +0100

2011/3/15 Nick Nikolaou <nikolasnikolaou1 () gmail com>:
Hey everyone,

I'm working a script that sniffs packets on the network and adds the IP
addresses to newtargets. (
https://secwiki.org/w/Nmap_Script_Ideas#targets-sniffer)
Using pcap_receive() I'm able to capture packets but I'm not really sure
what Layer 3 data pcap_receive() returns and I'm having trouble getting the
IP addresses from the packets.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks
Nick

Hi,

You might also have a look at the following scripts, that perform
packet capture: firewalk.nse, ipidseq.nse, path-mtu.nse, qscan.nse and
sniffer-detect.nse.

Hope that helps.

--
Henri Doreau |  Greenbone Networks GmbH  |  http://www.greenbone.net