Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug report:brute.lua and oracle-brute NSE script

From: Tod Beardsley <todb () planb-security net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 10:22:18 -0600

Thanks for checking into this Patrik.

Have you tuned the file-max value on your Debian server according to the
suggestions here?
http://download.oracle.com/docs/html/B15521_01/toc.htm

Yup:
root@dbsrv:~# cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max
65536

I've not been able to reproduce this against my test environment running
in VirtualBox (against which I do most testing).

Just to be perfectly clear, my target is Oracle 10g Express Edition
(XE), running on Ubuntu 9.10 (aka 2.6.31-20-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP Mon
Feb 8 09:05:19 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux), running locally on VMWware
Workstation, and I'm connecting over the usual vmnet interface.

I'm mailing you off-list with results from the debug testing, so as to
avoid spamming the list with attachments.

-todb