Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Several changes to mssql.lua and SQL Server scripts

From: Chris Woodbury <woodbusy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:55:56 -0600

Patrik-

I had a discussion with one of my colleagues this weekend which left me
wondering whether there is any need now for the ms-sql-discover script.
Originally, of course, it did all of the discover, but since we ditched that
approach a while ago, I feel that it's basically just ms-sql-info without
the accurate version detection (in fact, you could get the same
functionality with nmap -sSU -p T:445,U:1434 --script ms-sql-info
--script-args mssql.scanned-ports-only). At the same time, I think it's
potentially confusing to users as to what it is and whether it needs to be
used. So, unless you feel otherwise, I say let's delete it.
-chris