Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] network interfaces

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () opendz org>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:26:41 +0100

On 2011-02-27 19:18:06 -0600, Ron wrote:

Hey,

One month late, but I wanted to say - this sounds handy. I've run into the issue of needing info on an interface
multiple times (though I can't remember where, DHCP was likely involved) and it'd be great to have an easier way to
handle that!
Yes Ron, your dhcp-discover script will need this info (prerule mode).
Perhaps when you have some time, you can make a small test to see if
it's working and you have all the info you need, thx.

BTW for the new nmap.get_interface_info() function what's the best:
* return one value:
  the info table on success or nil on failures.
* return two values:
  true and the info table on success or false and an error message on
  failures.

thx.

--
tixxdz