Nmap Development mailing list archives

just finished writing quake3-master-getservers.nse

From: Toni Ruottu <toni.ruottu () iki fi>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:48:56 +0200

Good day!

I just finished working on a script that queries Quake3 styled master
servers to get addresses for game servers. The script stores the game
server information in the registry for use with other scripts. I have
experimented postrule scripts that compute statistics such as protocol
and port popularity from the gathered data. Some kind of target script
for scanning the game servers them selves might also make sense. I am
sending a patch instead of the plain nse file. The patch contains an
nse file, and a small protocol database file I composed. I am hoping
the database will receive improvements over time. You can try the
script out by running
nmap -p 27950 dpmaster.deathmask.net -sU --script quake3-master-getservers.nse

  cheers, --Toni