Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nping fails to build on Mac OS X <10.6 because openssl is too old.

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:55:29 +0100

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reporting this. Nping requires SHA-256 for its "Echo Mode"
protocol but, as you may know, it is possible to disable cryptographic
support using:

./configure --with-openssl=no

Unfortunately there is no way to have crypto support without SHA-256, so
users with OpenSSL<=0.97 will have to upgrade (0.9.8 has been around for
almost 6 years so I expect systems with 0.9.7 or less to be a tiny
fraction)

Anyway, I've added a check for EVP_sha256() that aborts compilation in
case of failure. I attach a new version of configure.ac. Could you
please give a try and let me know if it works?

Thank you and best regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.