Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap on Android: automatic build

From: Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 23:31:28 +0100

Hello!

I have good news! Google released android-ndk-r5b which have that output
problem fixed. Therefore, nmap android binary now works perfectly. Also,
new NDK implements (almost) all C++ - therefore Crystax is not needed
any more. Still, we have that locale problem in liblua. But in short,
that means that build process is much simplified.

Therefore, I've made basic automatic build process which works against
latest SVN trunk of nmap (in attachment). Extract it to nmap dir. CD to
nmap-dir/android and run make.

You can do "make doit" which will automatically download Android NDK
(~40 Mb) and build nmap. or If you have NDK already installed, you
should edit android/Makefile for NDK path and run "make havendk".

Note: patches are not perfect. I'm leaving to core nmap devs how gonna
they want to implement them before commiting to SVN (if there's any
interest - of course!).

Kost