Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap NSE HTTP Script Submit

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 17:25:21 -0800

On Sun, Jan 09, 2011 at 06:06:37AM +0530, Vikas Singhal wrote:
On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 6:39 PM, Michael Springer <
mr.michael.springer () gmail com> wrote:

Hey,
 This script returns the 'server' header in http responses. Useful to
quickly know what server the web service says its running.

PORT    STATE SERVICE
80/tcp  open  http
|_http-server: Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) PHP/5.3.2

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.60 seconds

Been useful for me, I thought I'd share. ~ Mike

Isn't that already done by nmap -sV (version check) ?

Thanks Michael. Do you have a reason to prefer this script over version
detection or the http-headers script?

One suggestion for your script: Use shortport.http instead of a manual
portrule for HTTP scripts; that includes several HTTP-like services like
IPP on port 631.

David Fifield