Nmap Development mailing list archives

do we really need all these SNMP scripts?

From: mike bickett <dmciscobgp () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 20:53:52 +0000

i was curious. i noticed there are now about 4 or 5 different scripts that each dump different info related to SNMP. i
was wondering why we needed to go this route. it seems to me a tool like SNMP-utils (snmpwalk to be specific) would
simply be able to accomodate  what everyone was trying to do with their scripts. why not have a complete NSE script
like an SNMP walk utility that dumps everything at once and walks all MIBS, instead of going through and making each
individual script for specific MIB info. you could simply set a verbosity range and have flags for each output you
wanted, instead of a bunch of scipts that really all do the same thing, just dumping different info. i hope this
doesn't sound too confusing and i hope it makes sense. it does to me anyway

m|ke