Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: LUA Bug?

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:48:36 +0100

On 30 jan 2011, at 11.39, Patrick Donnelly wrote:

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 3:38 AM, Michael Pattrick
<mpattrick () rhinovirus org> wrote:
Hello devs,

While playing around with a recent Nmap release I found that scripts
weren't working for me, see the following command line log. It appears
to be a problem with the LUA environment variables. The environment is
a nearly fresh CentOS5 install. I haven't tested this out on other
platforms but a quick google search reveals at least one other person
has had problems with this bug (http://pastebin.com/cFXre59L). Any
ideas?

The SCRIPT_* globals aren't defined until a script is instantiated
(executed against a host:port; see Script.new versus Script.new_thread
in nse_main.lua). This probably should be changed.

That's probably the correct way of doing it. I simply replaced the SCRIPT_NAME with filename in my last commit.
Looking closer into this I realized a whole bunch of other scripts using SCRIPT_NAME. So my last commit is probably
useless, except for the changes I made in wsdd.lua.

--
- Patrick Donnelly

//Patrik
--