Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] firewalk-path script

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:59:40 +0100

Hello,

here is an updated version of the script. I initially wanted to add a
way for the user to supply the ports to probe. I thought about direct
specification of ports ranges through --script-args but this can
already be achieved using -p <ports> and that would have been somehow
redundant.

If the real aim of firewalking fewer ports than every filtered ones is
to reduce the execution time, then just using a limit of ports to
probe would be better. I have seen that qscan.nse uses this solution
with qscan.numopen and qscan.numclosed.

This second version simply offers a max-probed-ports argument and
makes use of stdnse.get_timespec() to parse timing options.

Regards.

--
Henri Doreau,
henri.doreau () gmail com