Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Some scripts for analyzing NetBus

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 20:56:51 -0800

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 05:37:53PM +0200, Toni Ruottu wrote:
To this mail, I have attached a patch that should fix all the netbus
script problems that have been pointed out. I noticed that sometimes
dns-zone-transfer.nse breaks the session. As we know now NetBus
sessions are very fragile. Running any other scripts that operate on
the same port simultaneously is very likely to break the server. I did
not include a fix for this problem in the patch as I was not sure what
to do. Should we have all scripts that match port 12345 depend on all
netbus scripts? I also did not change any categories, as the question
is still open.

-portrule = shortport.version_port_or_service (12345, "netbus", {"tcp"})
+portrule = shortport.version_port_or_service ({}, "netbus", {"tcp"})

Is this a typo, Toni?

David Fifield