Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Ideas for NSE IPv6

From: Henri Doreau <henri.doreau () greenbone net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:57:13 +0200

2011/3/28 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>:

I have tried that toolset. The alive6 tool has good ideas for multicast
host discovery. I put it with other ideas in my IPv6 notes:
       svn cat svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/david/ipv6/notes.txt

David Fifield

Hi,

the author of this ipv6 toolkit gave a conference at 27c3 this winter.
Amongst other nice things, he explained that he managed to partially
circumvent the problem of addresses range scanning in IPv6, by trying
common addressing patterns. It might be interesting to investigate
this as well.

As far as I know the implementation of the scanner has not been
publicly released yet but the slides and the video of the conference
are available [1][2].

Regards.

Henri

[1] https://events.ccc.de/congress/2010/Fahrplan/attachments/1808_vh_thc-recent_advances_in_ipv6_insecurities.pdf