Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: GSoC 2011: NSE Script Development

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 05:10:32 +0200

Hello David,

Thank you for replying and for the useful information. I read the
Google Summer of Code documentation thoroughly and got some knowledge
of Lua scripting and the NSE libraries. I must say it is quite an
elegant solution for extending functionality.
Now I feel I should start implementing a new script in order to
perfect my knowledge. I've had my eye on the backorifice-info script
from the Script_Ideas page because the source code is available and
maybe I would be able to implement before the GSoC application
deadline, but if you have a more useful script in mind, like a certain
exploit or vulnerability, I would be happy to try my wits at it.

Thanks,
Gorjan Petrovski