Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NSE Failed to resolve hostname

From: John Bond <john.r.bond () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:44:01 +0100

On 25 March 2011 07:24, Dan <cdcdanielctin () gmail com> wrote:
Hello everybody,

 I’m working on a script that takes the host argument and combines it
with some variations and then runs some tests on those target names.
The script works fine if the hostname is valid, but otherwise the
script fails to run.
Changing the hostrule into portrule isn’t an option because if the
targeted port isn’t open, the script won’t run.

Can you give me some tips on how can I solve this problem ?

Thank you,

Daniel
If you post the script it so we can see what your trying to do it would help