Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nsock unconnected sockets

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 08:47:17 +0200

On 16 okt 2010, at 02.51, David Fifield wrote:

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 09:44:46PM -0500, Ron wrote:
Hey, is this stable enough to commit yet? I want to work on DHCP
scripts, but I don't want to cause a conflict.

Sorry for the delay. Yes, it's committed now.

David Fifield

Great!

In addition this merge comes with a few changes to some scripts:
* The scripts upnp-info, ms-sql-info, dns-service-discovery now all have a prerule that does broadcast/multicast
discovery
* The new script db2-discover attempts to discover db2 servers using broadcast
* The logic of dns-service-discovery was changed significantly when running as a prerule
   - All information is collected over multicast (unicast is no longer in use)
   - The script uses a separate thread for each service to fetch additional information for (making it a lot faster)
   - The dns.lua library was changed to support multicast queries and responses

Make sure to try them out and let me know if you find any problems or suggestions.

//Patrik
--
Patrik Karlsson
http://www.cqure.net