Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: RDP settings for Domain and initial splash screen in ncrack-0.3ALPHA

From: Daniel Miller <bonsaiviking () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:19:23 -0500

On 10/14/2010 03:23 PM, Duane.Pozzobon () sf frb org wrote:
  Hi all,

I am testing the new RDP module of Ncrack-0.3 and wanted to know if anyone
knew the command line options to reference a AD/Domain?  I tried to tie
the domain in with the username, but that didn't work.

Below is the command I tried.  I also tried without the pt\.  This system
has no splash screen.
ncrack --user pt\duane --pass test@1234 -p rdp -d10 ?T3 -g
at=1,cr=1,CL=1,cd=5s,to=10s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I also wanted to know if there was a switch/option to bypass an opening
splash/warning screen.  The splash/warning screen is bypassed by hitting
enter.

I tried this in both Windows XP SP3 and Gentoo Linux.

Thank you all in advance for your time and knowledge.

D.

Duane,

In most Linux shells, the "\" character is used to escape shell-relevant characters, and is ignored otherwise. So after the shell processes your command, it looks like this:

ncrack --user ptduane --pass test@1234 -p rdp -d10 ?T3 -g at=1,cr=1,CL=1,cd=5s,to=10s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I don't know about the RDP module specifically, but you may want to try it like this instead:

ncrack --user pt\\duane --pass test@1234 -p rdp -d10 ?T3 -g at=1,cr=1,CL=1,cd=5s,to=10s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The double backslash "\\" will be translated into a single backslash "\" before it is sent to the ncrack process.

Dan