Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Sun Service Tags Nmap Discovery script

From: Matthew Flanagan <mattimustang () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 10:16:16 +1100

On 30 December 2010 09:45, David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 05:39:06PM -0500, Jonathan Rethorn wrote:
Matthew, is this Service Tags agent something that's easy to install on
GNU/Linux?

Supposedly Windows too.

What I mean is, can you give me instructions on how to set this up to
test it? Or is it some proprietary thing?

David Fifield

You can download all the different OS versions from http://arseh.at/svctags

You will also find that some of the ILOM (integrated lights out
management) cards respond to service tags requests as well if they are
ethernet connected. They are running some kind of Linux on an embedded
powerpc chip.

Is my script the kind of thing that could be considered to be included
with nmap?

regards

Matthew