Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Max rtt and Min rtt values frequently equal - why?

From: "Luis MartinGarcia." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:17:56 +0200

On 10/13/2010 08:18 PM, Keith Christian wrote:
I've had a nagging question ever since I started using Nping.

Why are the "Max rtt:" and "Min rtt:" values are frequently equal
(e.g. 1001 ms, below?)

  If that's normal, is there a logical explanation?

Currently running Nping 0.5.35DC1, on Windows XP SP3.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for reporting this but I believe the problem has been solved
already. There was a problem in Nsock and Nping that produced incorrect
rtt values. The latest version from the SVN repo should work fine.
Please try it and let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Regards,

Luis MartinGarcia.