Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] modbus-enum.nse, modbus discovery script

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 01:09:42 -0800

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:01:27PM +0300, Alexander Rudakov wrote:
I found the problem. It was in modbus-emul.py and nse script. Responses of
modbus-emul.py was not correct,
and nse script did not check size of response. I fixed as the emulator code
and the nmap script.
Test cases on real devices did not cover all code branches. I added new test
cases in modbus-emul.py. Now it cover different situations.
To test them all run script in aggressive mode.
I renamed aggressive argument to modbus-discover.aggressive as you asked.

Excellent, well done. I tried it again and added the script. I moved
some of the big block comment into the description so that it will show
up in the online NSEDoc.

David Fifield