Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: http-php-version output

From: "Rob Nicholls" <robert () robnicholls co uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 19:03:52 -0000

Thanks to both of you for your feedback! I've updated the script and will
commit it shortly.

I've attached a file with all the hashes that were generated, in case anyone
wants to go back and verify something. I started with IIS 7.5 using FastCGI.
Versions prior to 5.2.1 didn't seem too happy with IIS 7.5 so to save time I
quickly moved to Apache 2.0 with PHP as CGI.

I have concerns over some of the remaining hashes, particularly 4.3.1
against the bunny rabbit logo (as it should fall into the brown dog in grass
logo range). The only place I've seen it mentioned is at
http://webinfopedia.blogspot.com/2007/11/php-easter-egg.html where the
person admits it's not taken from their server (so I presume it could be
wrong/spoofed). Is it worth me tidying up the logo hashes based on the
0php.com info?

Also, it seems that PHP4u 3.0 is based on PHP 4.3.2. Is it worth keeping the
PHP4u variant? Or can we let it match against 4.3.2?

Rob