Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap-5.35DC1 fails to build

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 20:51:47 -0700

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 04:39:15AM +0100, J. L.  wrote:
I am trying to get nmap to build for my machine. I am on a gumstix
overo running angstrom linux with a gnome desktop and seem to not be
able to get nmap to build for me. I am not sure what the errors mean
and have not had much luck searching the net for similar issues. If
you need to know more about my setup please feel free to ask and I
will post what you need to know. Here is the error:
Compiling nmap
rm -f nmap
g++ -Wl,-E  -Lnbase -Lnsock/src/   -o nmap main.o nmap.o targets.o
tcpip.o nmap_error.o utils.o idle_scan.o osscan.o osscan2.o output.o
payload.o scan_engine.o timing.o charpool.o services.o protocols.o
nmap_rpc.o portlist.o NmapOps.o TargetGroup.o Target.o
FingerPrintResults.o service_scan.o NmapOutputTable.o MACLookup.o
nmap_tty.o nmap_dns.o  traceroute.o portreasons.o xml.o   -lnbase
-lnsock -lpcre libpcap/libpcap.a -lssl -lcrypto
libnetutil/libnetutil.a ./libdnet-stripped/src/.libs/libdnet.a  -lnl
-ldl
nmap.o: In function `nmap_free_mem()':
/installSources/nmap-5.35DC1/nmap.cc:1956: undefined reference to `close_nse()'

It looks like you've got some mismatch with liblua. close_nse should
only be called when NOLUA is not defined. For you, NOLUA is not defined,
but liblua is also not being linked with.

Try doing a "make distclean", then configure with
--with-liblua=included.

David Fifield