Nmap Development mailing list archives

http-passwd Result

From: Zack Dela <ny101880 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 05:28:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I would like to get some light on the result of the script. I wonder how to
manually go to that directory (I mean what parameter I will put in the URL to
find the vulnerability manually)
Im confused of the result and how to actually browse the site and traverse to
it.
The site is something like this https://x.x.x.x/

Command 1 (Machine A):
nmap -sV -p 80,443 -d --script http-passwd x.x.x.x

Result:
443/tcp open  ssl/http syn-ack Serv-U httpd x.x.x.x
| http-passwd: Directory traversal found.
| Payload: "%2F%2Fetc%2Fpasswd"
| Printing first 250 bytes:
|_<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//

Command 2 (Machine B):
nmap -sV -p 80,443 -d --script http-passwd x.x.x.x

Result:
443/tcp open  ssl/http syn-ack VMware View Manager httpd
| http-passwd: Directory traversal found.
| Payload: "%2F%2Fetc%2Fpasswd"
| Printing first 250 bytes:

|  <head>
|   <title>VMware View Portal</title>
|   <link rel=stylesheet href="/styles/default/style.css" type="text/css" />
|
|    <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"
src="/styles/default/cookieFunctions.js">
|_   </script>

Hoping anyone can help. I just wanted to see if the machine is vulnerbale or
not.

Thanks,
Zack