Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] ssh2-enum-algos.nse

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:16:52 -0700

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:51:09PM -0500, Kris Katterjohn wrote:
I've attached a pretty simple script which connects to a SSH2 server and
reports on the algorithms offered.  If verbosity is set, then the actual list
of algorithms is printed; otherwise, just a count of the offered algorithms
are given.

When the "client to server" and "server to client" lists are identical for a
type (the order specifies preference), then they are printed only once as a
combined type.

If you look at the script @output, you can see it looks similar to the output
of ssl-enum-ciphers.nse.

To test, you need to use SVN trunk r20601 or later.  In this revision I
changed ssh2.lua's kex_init() parameters which my script depends on.

Any comments or reasons not to commit?

Wow, this script is really fast. Please commit.

David Fifield