Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Query regarding OS detection

From: Sebastian Małyska <sebastian.malyska () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 14:58:36 +0200

I had similar problem, I wanted find all windows hostnames in my network so
I needed use smb scripts that also require port scanning. I've limited
number of ports for those used by smb only an it works. Maybe in your
situation the same approach (scanning port limitation) will also help.

Regards
Seba