Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] add new targets to Nmap with dns-zone-transfer

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 16:50:58 +0100

On 2010-09-27 21:17:12 -0700, David Fifield wrote:
I tested this with the ualberta example and it worked. You can commit
this. I would change the script argument dnszonetransfer.allips to
dnszonetransfer.addall to make it more clear that it only affects the
adding of targets to scan (not normal output, etc.).

Attached is a new clean tested patch.

Here are some notes:
* What do you think about adding CNAMEs results into the Nmap scanning
queue ? (I'm not aware about the state of HTTP virtual server scanning)
If you think that we should not add them, then you can add a simple
check <code>and 'rectype ~= 'CNAME'</code> line 221 of the patch.

Perhaps using the script argument 'dns-zone-transfer.addall' to let the
user choose which results or records he wants to *add* is the best solution.

Hi Djalal. I'm sorry, I forgot that this patch wasn't committed yet.
Please commit it when it's convenient.

I think adding CNAMEs is fine, and anyway, please commit it like that.
We can change it later if necessary.
Ok, I've committed this as r20697.

--
tixxdz