Nmap Development mailing list archives

Anyone try compiling with VS 2010 Express?

From: kx <kxmail () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:24:53 -0400

It didn't work at first, and I had to make these changes:

\nmap-5.35DC1\nbase\nbase_winunix.h
#define _SYSTEM_ERROR_
#define _HAS_CPP0X 0

I think these are needed due to the new static_assert Declaration support.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd465215.aspx

The Output File property for liblua was "$(OutDir)liblua.lib" but
needs the quotes removed to be: $(OutDir)liblua.lib

The "dnet" project uses $(ProjectName) for its TargetName, but then
uses $(OutDir)libdnet-stripped.lib for its Output File, which will
fail. Renaming the project to libdnet-stripped fixes this.

libnetutil needs added as a dependency for the nmap project

After that it built.

Sorry I don't have this in patch form.

-kx