Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] add new targets to Nmap with dns-zone-transfer

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 21:17:12 -0700

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 08:55:27PM +0100, Djalal Harouni wrote:
Attached is a modified version of dns-zone-transfer script, which lets
you to add new discovered targets form axfr queries to Nmap scan queue.

test:
./nmap -sP --datadir . --script scripts/dns-zone-transfer.nse
--script-args="dnszonetransfer.server=MENAIK.CS.ualberta.ca,dnszonetransfer.domain=ualberta.ca,newtargets"

Pre-scan script results:
| dns-zone-transfer:
|   Domains     Added Targets
|   Node Names  152
|
|   DNS Record  Added Targets
|   A           32
|   MX          9
|   NS          4
|   SOA         1
|   CNAME       160
|_Total new targets added to Nmap scan queue: 358.

Notes on the script:
* CNAMES RDATA results are not ignored any more (but I don't know why they
were ignored before).
* There is a new script argument 'dnszonetransfer.allips' which lets you
to add non-routable IP addresses to the scan queue, they are skipped by
default.
* Currently all axfr results are added (nodes and rdata results).
* The script does not use the dns.lua library for DNS packets.

I tested this with the ualberta example and it worked. You can commit
this. I would change the script argument dnszonetransfer.allips to
dnszonetransfer.addall to make it more clear that it only affects the
adding of targets to scan (not normal output, etc.).

David Fifield