Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: pcap processing

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:47:33 -0500

Yeah, like Kris said, it's your OS responding to a SYN/ACK it didn't know about.

If you're on Linux and have iptables, here is the simplest command:
 iptables -t filter -A OUTPUT -p tcp --tcp-flags RST RST -j DROP

That'll block any outbound packet with RST set. It's a little overkill, and will definitely have some side effects, but
it'll do the trick. You can also narrow it down more from there by giving ip addresses and ports.

Ron