Nmap Development mailing list archives

NMap4J - Alpha release

From: Jon Svede <jsvede () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 22:49:16 -0600

Hi all,

A few months ago I sent a mail to this list announcing my intention to
write a Java library.  This evening I am happy (and quite anxious) to
tell you that I have released the very first release of NMap4J, a java
library for NMap.  NMap4J is freely available for everyone under the
BSD license.  This release is alpha.

You can check out the project on Sourceforge.net  at
http://nmap4j.sourceforge.net .  There is a binary distribution
available as well as source from the Git repo hosted on
sourceforge.net.

Please forward this mail to anyone who may be interested in using this
library.  I would love to get some people testing it. To this point I
am the only person whose tested it.  This is my first foray into the
world of contributing to open source, so my apologies in advance for
anything that seems out of sorts.  I'll apologize in advance for the
docs, I'll get more examples of using the API posted soon.

Please send suggestions or comments to me or file bug reports on the
sourceforge.net bug system.

Thanks in advance to everyone whose been of assistance; specifically
thank you to Gordon for all your guidance and help, it's been greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jon Svede