Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: lua brocken in nse script

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 18:04:00 -0400

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Seth Graham <sadgart () gmail com> wrote:
Yes, I use gentoo and for default my gcc CFLAGS optimizations are set to
-02, configuring nmap 5.21-r1 (with gentoo patches, I attach these) with lua
and ssl support and lua libaries dinamically.

With this optimizations compilation flags all my system is working fine (-02
is not so hard to break code usually), include nmap 'kernel'. If I launch
the same comand withouth NSE (nmap -n -sS -PS8080 -iR 0 -p 8080) it works
fine.

I have compiled nmap with -01 CFLAGS for test, and NSE break another time
with the attached debug file (nse-01.debug). And without any optimization
and too break (nse.debug).

In last, I have compiled nmap 5.35DC1 normally and it works fine.

I don't see anything wrong with what you've done from here. Do the
following to see if this helps find the problem:

(1) Configure Nmap with --with-liblua=included. This will make Nmap
statically bind to Lua.

If the problem still occurs, turn Lua assertions on (keeping the above
change for static linking):

(2) Add "-DLUA_USE_APICHECK" to CFLAGS in  nmap/liblua/Makefile.

Lua will catch most common errors this way.

--
- Patrick Donnelly