Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap for Android

From: John Holden <wjholden () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 23:38:53 -1000

Hello, some of you have seen the app I've thrown onto the Android
Market.  Should have introduced myself to nmap-dev long ago.

First off, several people have flamed me for asking money for Nmap on
the Android Market.  The source code is available to anyone and
everyone at http://wjholden.com/nmap/src/.  I ask for a small amount
of money to justify my time.

I started out working on Nmap for Android as a project I did for the
U.S. Army involving automated promiscuous mode detection.  Once I
realized that project was dead I used what I had learned from the
experience to package an Nmap app to the Market.  Some of the code is
dirty and very little of it is documented...this is a work in
progress.

If anyone is interested I can think up some lessons learned and share
them.  Also, if there is any interest in an official Nmap client for
Android I'll contribute all I can.

--
 - John
   http://wjholden.com