Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [patch] openssl/md2 issue autoconf files configure.ac configure nse_openssl.cc

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:33:27 -0600

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:10:33PM +0200, olli hauer wrote:
I just saw on the list that the md2 code is already removed.

If it is not to late, please test attached patches for
configure.ac configure and nse_openssl.cc.

The patch for ./configure was build with autoconf-2.62.

Thanks for the patch. It's too late for this one, because we decided to
remove the MD2 code instead of adding #ifdefs. For the future, I can
make some suggestions. Phrase the preprocessor positively:
OPENSSL_HAS_MD2 instead of OPENSSL_NO_MD2. Doing
AC_CHECK_HEADER(openssl_md2.h) is probably good enough, but I think I
would AC_TRY_COMPILE with one of the md2 functions. Instead of this:
    [CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -DOPENSSL_NO_MD2"]
Add a new entry to nmap_config.h.in so not everything has to go on the
command line.

David Fifield