Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Web front end for nmap

From: alexandru <alex () hackd net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 05:00:10 -0700

(CC'ing the list back on)

On 2010-08-11, at 6:46 PM, Sean Keane wrote:

Developer. Did you guys build yours from scratch?

The whole thing was built from scratch as a web app. As such, it's more geared towards deployment for a multi-user,
hosted/cloud scenario. It's not impossible for someone to install all the parts on one server (I have two dev installs
to prove it), but the app is not really intended for that kind of use, and some of the components are unnecessary in
that scenario.

A high-level overview of the architecture and how the moving parts interact: http://rainmap.labs.hackd.net/cloud.html

In terms of nuts and bolts, it's built using Django on PostgreSQL, with a RabbitMQ backend - and a few other pieces.

There was an existing package nmap-cgi that I used to use.

I don't have any real experience with nmap-cgi, though maybe others can speak more about it.