Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] New class of scripts -- New Rule proposal

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 18:30:53 -0700

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:13:41PM -0500, DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Fyodor <> wrote:

Maybe all of this could be used to implement a feature I've wanted to
see for a long time: the ability to automatically portscan the IPs
that show up in the --traceroute to your original target.

Good point.  Our prerule scripts won't have the traceroute results
(they run before other Nmap scanning), and our postrule scripts won't
be able to add new targets to Nmap's run queue.  So this is a good
argument for allowing normal host and port rule scripts to add targets
to the run queue, and I believe our latest plan is to enable this.  So
your idea should work for a host rule script once we have this
functionality.  Djalal is working hard on it :).

Cheers,
-F