Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [nmap-svn] r19330 - in nmap: . libnetutil

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:40:01 -0600

Author: kris
Date: Wed Jul 28 15:34:12 2010
New Revision: 19330

Log:
o Fixed the fragmentation options (-f, --mtu) which broke in 5.35DC1.
  Instead of sending multiple fragments, Nmap would just send the
  original whole packet instead.  In some circumstances, Nmap would
  fail to send on interfaces with low MTUs (such as SLIP lines) with
  no way to bump down packet sizes for transport. [Kris]

It looks like this has been broken in trunk since merging libnetutil,
and since r18037 in the dedup branch.

Good catch on this. We had a test for --mtu in Nping, but I guess we
didn't look at the results closely enough.

David Fifield