Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Script Pre-scanning and Post-scanning announcement

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:53:41 -0400

Hi Djalal,

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM, Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () gmail com> wrote:
I've been working on adding support for new NSE rules, the work is based
on the prerule_postrule proposal which can be found at:
svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap-exp/djalal/prerule_postrule_proposal.txt

The idea is to add two rules:
* prerule: for Script Pre-scanning.
* postrule: for Script Post-scanning.
[...]

Thanks for your hard work in getting this done Djalal! Unless anyone
has any problems reported here, I support merging this branch to
/nmap.

How is the documentation coming along? (Also, these new environment
variables, below, need to be documented as well.)

Implementation:
---------------
This new implementation introduces three new environment variables for
scripts:
* SCRIPT_PATH: the script path.

For script writers, this replaces the undocumented "filename" global.
If you want your script filename, use this.

* SCRIPT_NAME: script short name without the ".nse" extension, this is a
replacement for the old "filename".

For script writers, this is the script "id". (There used to be a
script field called "id" but it is long since been deprecated.) You
can use this to make nice script-personalized debug output.

--
- Patrick Donnelly