Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Thoughts on SMB cracking

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:04:39 -0700

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 09:01:38AM -0500, Ron wrote:

That actually brings up yet another thought, which isn't at all
related to Ncrack so I won't dwell on it. Nessus and Appscan and other
tools have 'result plugins' that run after everything is done, and
will take results that other scripts save (mac address, user accounts,
etc) and combine/output them. I wonder if we should consider that for
Nmap?

Maybe offtopic to that thread, but great points nonetheless!  This
would be valuable for Nmap as well.  We talked about it in our weekly
NSE meeting last Thursday and you can see them in Djalal's new
proposal:

o The new scripts can run at different times:
  * Before any scanning: pre-scan scripts.
  * After Nmap scans: post-scan scripts.

Cheers,
-F