Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [BUG] Exclusions directive not honored by NSE version detection

From: Djalal Harouni <tixxdz () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 00:34:56 +0100

On 2010-06-21 20:49:22 -0500, Kris Katterjohn wrote:

I didn't realize the number of version scripts was expected to stay
small.  But even so, adding extra stuff to scripts and library doesn't
seem right either way unless there is a good reason to keep it out of
the engine.
I've passed the day reading nse_main.lua and I think that the decision
to run a script should only done by rules, the engine will only load the
selected scripts. Think of a case when we could have another Nmap option
like the version exclude directive, adding these checks to the engine
seems not to be the best solution since there are rules.

Thx.

--
tixxdz