Nmap Development mailing list archives

NSE-Nmap compatibility policy ?

From: "Jan-Oliver Wagner" <Jan-Oliver.Wagner () greenbone net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 21:52:41 +0200

Hi,

I briefly browsed the NSE documentation and have not
found some guide on what compatibility I can expect
of NSE's with regard to the NmaP Versions.

For example, can NSE's distributed with nmap 5.0
bee cleanly executed with 5.1 ord 5.2.
Can perhaps a script distributed 5.1 be executed with 5.0?

I've played around with this a bit and now wonder about
rules or guides for NSE developers and NSE users?

Background of this is that we are currently integrating
NSE support into OpenVAS including to distribute NSE's
via the Feed service.

Best

        Jan