Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [patch] Oracle Enterprise Manager Agent cleanup

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:21:17 -0600

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 06:22:25AM -0500, Tom Sellers wrote:
On 6/16/10 5:16 PM, Matt Selsky wrote:
On Jun 15, 2010, at 8:46 PM, David Fifield wrote:

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:12:11PM -0400, Matt Selsky wrote:

Thanks, it's applied in r18147. The only change is that I used the
service name "http" instead of "oem-agent", because that's our
convention for HTTP-based services.

OK, but oem-agent is the registered IANA service name or port 3872.  Or do we still use http since that's the
underlying protocol?

Flagging the port as HTTP (if that is the protocol used) improves the
chances of relevant scripts triggering on the port.

That's a good point. I think we should leave it as http for this reason.
Even if the IANA list has oem-agent, the service "really is" http.

David Fifield