Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: how do I quickly scan "my-own-subnet"

From: Richard Sammet <richard.sammet () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 13:09:16 +0200

Hi Felipe,

on some of my testing machines I am using an alias for this job:

alias 0wn=echo\ $(/sbin/ifconfig eth0 | grep "inet addr" | awk
-F'addr:' '{ print $2 }' | awk '{ print $1 }')$(iptab | grep
`/sbin/ifconfig eth0 | grep Mask | awk -F'Mask:' '{ print $2 }'` | awk
'{ print $4 }')

Well, this can be simplified a lot but it does its job.

With this you can simply run: nmap `0wn`

Greetings,
Richard

ps. yes, you need the iptab "tool" for this to work...

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:43 PM, Felipe Alvarez