Nmap Development mailing list archives

Anyone interested in demoing your Nmap-related work at the Black Hat Briefings?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 19:35:58 -0700

Hi Folks.  Black Hat has decided to offer a tool/demo area at the 2010
USA conference (July 28/29 in Las Vegas) for independent researchers
and the open source community to showcase their work.

Is anyone interested in demonstrating Nmap or related tools
(Ncat/Nping/Ncrack/Ndiff/Zenmap/etc.) or your modifications to same?
Not only do you get 3 hours to show off your Nmap code/skills, but you
get a free Briefings pass (paid registration is currently $1,695).
You would have to cover your own travel and hotel costs.

If you're interested, please let me know and send me your pitch.
There should be some reason you would make a good presenter--like you
wrote the code involved and/or you want to demonstrate a neat Nmap
technique or you are a master at presentations like this.  I think
this would be a good way to spotlight a specific feature of Nmap or
related tool.  Since it is a 3 hour period, I imagine it will mostly
be chatting and answering questions and doing short demos for people
who walk by (or letting them try it themselves).

Here is some information that Black Hat sent:

  Black Hat USA 2010 Arsenal: Call for Tools

  Do you have a great tool or demo that you have been dying to bring
  to the attention of the Black Hat community but don’t have the
  resources to come as an exhibitor?

  This year Black Hat, in cooperation with Peak Security, is pleased
  to offer a Tool/Demo area for independent researchers and the open
  source community that will allow you to showcase your work. The
  concept is simple: We will be providing kiosks complete with
  monitor, power, wired internet access and you will bring your
  machine and have three hours to showcase your work and answer
  questions from delegates attending Black Hat. Spaces will be limited
  to a total of 32 unique tools/demos over the course of the
  Briefings.

  What we hope to achieve: Greater awareness and access to terrific
  work for the security world at large.

  What this is not: an exhibit space for big enterprise sized companies.

  Priority is given to shareware/freeware tool developers and
  independent researchers.

  Things to know:

  · All presenters will be required to bring their own laptops with
    VGA output.

  · Selected presenters will be provided with gratis entry to the
    Briefings. No travel, accommodations or honorarium is provided.

  · Only a single presenter per accepted submission will be allowed
    gratis entry to the conference.

  · Access to view and tour the demo area and kiosks are available to
    the registered delegates of the conference and are not open to the
    general public.

  · No free expo passes are available for friends or family of
    presenters of the Arsenal.

  Applications for the Arsenal will be accepted until July 1 with
  rolling acceptances until that date... so applying earlier is better
  than later! And, as always, Black Hat reserves the right to make the
  final determination of tools/demos for all stations.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, let me know!  David and I are doing a
presentation at Black Hat, so we can mention your demo if our talk
comes before yours.  Of course there is no guarantee that Black Hat
will accept any particular presenter, but it doesn't hurt to try.  You
need to be sure you can make it if accepted.

Cheers,
-F