Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Precise OS detection of Windows over port 445?

From: Richard Miles <richard.k.miles () googlemail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 16:12:58 +0000

Thanks guys.

Nice to know the detection is high precise.

But, the actual scripts are unable to tell me the lang of the target.
HD post on metasploit mail-list that it is done on metasploit using
the printer driver technique published by Immunity to detect the
service pack lang.

Would be nice add it to smb-os-discovery script, and in special, give
a option to add a credential for systems that do not allow null
session.

what do you think?