Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Payload Hexdump in --packet-trace and -d4 output

From: jrf <jay.fink () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 17:03:11 -0400

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 02:36:19PM -0600, David Fifield wrote:
I wrote that print_hexdump function for your standalone payload
prototype that wasn't linked to nbase. Anything in Nmap should use an
Nmap hexdump function, and also the log_write infrastructure. (Don't
just use printf or you'll mess up XML output, for example.)

I don't think it makes sense to trace only UDP payloads. This sort of
thing could be useful if it was integrated into PacketTrace::trace and
PacketTrace::traceArp, so it applies to every packet.

I will work up something in there that uses nmap_hexdump