Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Sounds like ftp-anon needs work?

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 20:49:39 -0600

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 06:48:08PM +0200, Gutek wrote:
There is another case that could involve a 332-ACCT sequence : writing.
For now the script obviously doesn't need to care about but what about
acting as Metasploit does ? I mean : testing R/W right.
Something like
try(socket:send("MKD testdir\r\n"))
while statusRights do
                      statusRights, resultRights = socket:receive_lines(1);
                      for rightsLine in resultRights:gmatch("[^\r\n]+") do
                            if string.match(rightsLine, "^2") and status then
                                                                         try(socket:send("RMD testdir\r\n"))
                                                                         -- some code adding Writeable to the results
                            end
                      end

end

I don't really like the idea of testing for read-write. What if the
server lets you create a directory, but not delete it? I think this
could be a common configuration for file-swapping servers that allow
creating files anonymously but not deleting them. Nmap would leave a
bunch of empty directories around.

David Fifield