Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Port number in verbose mode

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 14:05:42 -0600

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 09:39:18PM -0300, rebellis wrote:
Done! Please see patch attached.

Thank you. It's committed in r17535. I credited you as "rebellis"; is
that all right?

I'm looking for tasks like that to get my programming skills in shape
again. I have good knowledge of C++ (and C to a lesser extent) but no
previous experience in network programming. I thought I could learn a
bit by helping Nmap's development. Any hints on where to begin? :)

Here's a link with some ideas.
http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2010/q1/958

Now regarding the link errors. Revision 17520 aborts compilation with
the linking shown below. Please notice I can successfully compile Nmap
5.21. I'm using Arch Linux x86_64, gcc 4.5.0 and GNU Make 3.81. The
complete make output goes attached. Thanks in advance.

Does this persist after a "make distclean" or a fresh checkout?

Maybe you can pinpoint where this started happening. I would test r17350
and r17351, because r17351 changed how libpcap is linked. Do
        svn update -r 17350
        svn update -r 17351

David Fifield