Nmap Development mailing list archives

match lines and serialnumberd probe

From: Patrik Karlsson <patrik () cqure net>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 12:59:34 +0200

Hi all,

I just added a few match lines to support the following to the nmap-service-probes (r17520):
- Twisted web server (OS X 10.6.3 Server)
- Apple Filing Protocol (OS X 10.6.3 Server in VMware Fusion)
- Apple Mac OS X Password Server (OS X 10.6.3 Server)
- XAVi XG6546p Wireless Gateway
- Sun GlassFish Communications Server
- Comdasys, SIParator and Glassfish SIP services

I spoke to David a while back about this and I should have submitted them via this form instead which I will do next
time:
http://insecure.org/cgi-bin/submit.cgi

I also created a new probe, which I didn't add, based on information picked up in a packet trace.
According to " "Well known" TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products" [1] it's used by serialnumberd.
If anyone has an OS X server available I would appreciate if you could test the attached patch to see if it discovers
the serialnumberd properly.
I don't know if there's something of interest in the response, if anyone thinks/knows if there is, let me know and I'll
add that to the information field.
There's a little info on serialnumberd here [2] and here [3].

//Patrik

[1] http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1629
[2] http://krypted.com/mac-os-x-server/xsan-serialnumberd-troubleshooting/
[3] http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2128597&tstart=0