Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: My TODO list for smb/msrpc scripts

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 19:16:30 -0500

On Sat, 8 May 2010 15:27:03 -0600 David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
wrote:
As for this one, I like the dual interface that Patrik Karlsson has
been using in his libraries. There are low-level functions that map
closely to the protocol, and a higher-level Helper class that does
the things you actually want to do. For example, in the afp library
(http://nmap.org/nsedoc/lib/afp), the low-level calls are used like
this:
[...]
Yeah, I've done similar stuff already. I'd encourage the new guy to continue it.

Most of my .nse scripts are basically a couple function calls to get the data, then a bunch of formatting. I think
that's the best way to go, I suspect other scripts are very similar.

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org